Board of Directors Application Form
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the Tiverton
Wastewater District. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position.
You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and job description before you begin filling it out. Please return the completed application to the Tiverton Wastewater District, Attn: Leroy Kendricks 400 Fish Road, Tiverton RI 02878
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the Tiverton Wastewater District office. Applications are used by the District’s Board Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. This committee will interview potential board members and make recommendations to the full board of directors. Directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.
Member of the Board Job Description
- Serves a 3 -year term on the Board.
- Is accountable to the Board of Directors.
- Attends board meetings and important related meetings on a regular basis.
- Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in District work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about District matters, prepares well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Builds a collegial working relationship with other board members that contributes to consensus.
- Participates in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in membership recruitment for the organization.
- Participates in fund raising for the organization.